Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring Please Hurry

Is it common for 4 months to have gone by and be absent from the blogging world? Is it common to not feel like blogging about life, or the thought of blogging itself seems like such a daunting task? Who knows, but I have been in a never ending slump. A slump that lasted all winter. I think it may be in part to that very thing.. Winter! I'm not winter's biggest fan nor have I ever been, even in my happiest moments. So Spring.... Please hurry. And bring lots of sunshine and no more dreaded cloudy days!

Because of this dreaded slump I have had a lot of time to think about things and things other people are probably thinking of me. I wish for the understanding of everyone more now than I have in my entire life. I wish for it more than I wish for the rush of spring. I wish that as humans we were able to know and understand the struggles of every individual. That we may all be able to empathize with each other without judgement or biased opinions. Because regardless of the outward appearance, people have some sort of internal battle they are dealing with. I wish to feel understood and supported, and most of all not judge by other's opinions of my situation. I have often claimed that I don't care what other people think... But in reality we all care a little bit about the opinions of others, even though it may be detrimental to our own cause.

Through all of my struggles I have gained a greater appreciation for the understanding and concern of my Heavenly Father. He knows my struggles, He knows my heart, and He understands my fears and my anguish, and He listens to my prayers and feels my tears. He supports me no matter what. In this I find comfort. Comfort in a time I didn't think comforting was possible. I am so grateful for my testimony.

It may seem like I am full of so many wishes... and that I am. But for now, I'll hold out for Spring......

3 comments:

  1. I agree with everything! I used to think that I didn't care what people thought, then Jenna came and I am so worried people with think differently of her, and some already do. It is only through prayers and my Father in Heaven that I have realized it is all okay and part of a bigger and better plan. I hope things are good for you and if not please talk to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tana, I totally agree with you. I hope spring comes soon and pulls you out of your slump. You're too cute to be in a slump! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see a post. You are always full of great words... and I love the way you put things! Haven't seen you in a while. Have you been hiding at work!?! :)

    ReplyDelete